At what point do you need to work on muscle relief. How to correctly build your training process. Catering.
Relief work is part of the training plan for athletes. This is not surprising, because after gaining mass, the body should be “dried”, made into relief, and the key muscle groups highlighted. The problem is that not everyone can achieve the desired result. The reason is ignorance of the basic principles, inability to combine power and aerobic exercise and the inability to organize a daily diet wisely.
It is worthwhile to understand that some exercises are not enough to achieve the goal. An integrated approach is required – nutrition and training. In the language of knowledgeable athletes, this process is called “drying.” The final goal of the classes is to reduce body fat and achieve the drawing of muscle groups. Below we consider how to build relief muscles and how to build this process wisely.
When are relief classes needed?
It’s worth starting with determining the task – is there a need for such training. If you have just recently started classes and there is not enough experience, then the “source material” (raw weight) is most likely not enough.
Drying can only aggravate the situation – lead to the “burning” of existing muscles. In the case when the body has gained enough muscle mass and body fat, the process will be welcome.
Power and aerobic exercise
The main problem is the proper start of drying. You should start with the preparation of a training program, which should include the following components – cardio and strength training. Let’s consider each of them in more detail:
- Aerobic exercise – exercises aimed at the general activity of the body and promote the growth of the pulse to certain values. This includes brisk walking, cycling (exercise bike), running, swimming. To obtain the result, the following factors should be considered:
- The frequency of training is three times a week or more.
- The ideal time for burning fat is morning. This is due to the activity of metabolic processes that contribute to the fight against excess weight and the presence of a fat-burning effect.
- The duration of aerobic training is 50-60 minutes. The lower limit is 30 minutes. The rule here is that the longer the lesson, the higher the efficiency.
- It is forbidden to take carbohydrate and fatty foods 100-120 minutes before and after receiving loads.
- To preserve muscles during the cardio period and protect them from burning, a portion of protein is taken 20-30 minutes before and immediately after aerobics. An even better option is a serving of BCAA taken before and after class.
- To achieve relief, the pulse level should be maintained within 120-140 beats per minute.
- The intensity of classes should be increased smoothly. To begin with, the body prepares for loads, after which activity increases.
- Power load – a group of exercises aimed at working out the muscles (this will be discussed below).
The key point is the combination of strength and aerobic work. Combination of 3-4 power and 3-5 cardio workouts is allowed. You can train at different or on the same day, dividing classes into morning-evening or doing aerobics after classes in the gym.
It is difficult to achieve results without a well-constructed diet. The following factors are worth considering here:
- The daily norm of protein is 2-2.5 g per kg of weight or more.
- Fast carbohydrates and simple fats are minimized or eliminated. The permissible norm of complex carbohydrates is 15-20% of the diet. A minimum amount of linseed oil or fish oil is allowed.
- The volume of fluid per day is 2-4 liters.
- Suitable foods are buckwheat, chicken, fish, low-fat kefir, oatmeal, vegetable salads, 5-10 egg whites.
The main task of drying is to destroy subcutaneous fat, but at the same time preserve muscle. This is easier to achieve by observing a number of rules:
- Rest between sets – 1.5-2 minutes.
- The number of repetitions is 10-15. Sometimes an increase in this number is allowed.
- Use the usual weights that allow you to perform the required amount of work.
- It is allowed to work out one muscle group twice a week (for advanced athletes).
In the process of training for relief, such a quality as endurance develops. In addition, this work improves blood circulation and normalizes muscle nutrition.
Proper drying should not take more than 1-2 months. This is due to the intensity of classes, their saturation during the week. During training, do not forget about the importance of special supplements that can cover the deficit of useful components – proteins, minerals and vitamins.
Strength classes are held four days a week. Between them, the “aerobic load” mentioned above is “wedged in”. Let’s consider each day in more detail:
- Chest and triceps . Here the plan is as follows:
- Bench press on the bench – a classic training process. This is a basic exercise that works out the main muscle groups of the shoulder girdle. The number of repetitions is 8-12, the number of sets is 3-4. Rest time – 1-2 minutes. The technique is straightforward. Lie down on your back. Starting position – the bar is raised and held from above. After gaining air and lower the projectile. As you exhale, return it to its original position.
- Dumbbell bench press on an inclined bench. A similar exercise, which is aimed at working out the top of the chest. The corner of the bench should be 30-45 degrees. It is necessary to make 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions.
- Push-ups on the uneven bars. The pectoral muscles, deltas and triceps work here. Perform in a chest style – lean forward slightly, cross your legs, and spread your elbows to the sides. Do 3 sets for the maximum number of times. If you can do more than 20, take extra weight.
- A narrow grip bench press on a bench. The number of sets is 3, the number of repetitions is 8-12. Rest time – similarly 1-2 minutes. The main rule when doing the exercise is to keep your elbows as close to the body as possible. Grip width – 15-20 cm.
- Exercise triceps extension of the arms with a rope. Become level, grab the rope and pull it to the thigh. Make sure that your hands are pressed to your torso and your elbows are locked. Perform 3 sets 12-15 times.
- Leg raises – performed in 4 sets of 15 repetitions. When performing this exercise, the hips should be raised to the highest height. The starting position is lying on your back, after which the legs rise to the level of reaching a right angle with the floor and gradually lower. As an option – you can do this on the horizontal bar or uneven bars, raising your legs to parallel with the floor.
- Chest and triceps . Here the plan is as follows:
- Back and biceps . The next lesson includes this set of exercises:
- Deadlift. The number of approaches – 3, reps – 8-12. In the process of execution, watch your head – you need to keep it straight. At the same time, raising your eyes to the ceiling is not worth it. Chest straightened and slightly bulged forward. Hunchback is prohibited.
- Pullups Keep your torso straight, move only due to the strength of the muscles of the back and arms. The grip is wider than the shoulders, sometimes you can alternate with a narrow parallel or reverse. The number of repetitions – by analogy with push-ups on the uneven bars, the number of sets – 3. Time to rest – 60-100 seconds.
- Dumbbell dumbbell pull. The main thing here is that the body is parallel to the floor. Sets – 3, reps – 10, rest – 1-2 minutes.
- Hyperextension. Perform the exercise smoothly, dropping out of control. Do 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps. If it’s too easy for you, take a pancake from the bar.
- Lifting barbell for biceps while standing. The main thing is to follow the technique, do not bring your elbows forward of the body, do not help yourself with your back, exclude cheating. Do not chase the scales. Make 3-4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Lifting dumbbells sitting on an inclined bench for biceps. Set the bench angle to about 60-70 degrees. Raise your hands at the same time using supination. Do 2×12 times.
- Strap. There should be two sets of 90 seconds each. When doing this, keep the body in line. If the abs and arms allow, the exercise time should be increased to 2 minutes.
- Side plank. Here the principle is the same, but the body is sideways to the floor. Rest – 1 minute.
- Legs . On the third day, the set of exercises should be as follows:
- Classic barbell squats. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps. Between sets allowed a rest of 2-3 minutes. It should be lowered until the hips (front) become parallel to the floor.
- Leg press in the simulator. Spread your legs wider than your shoulders, socks slightly apart apart. You can focus on the biceps of the thigh by placing your legs slightly higher on the platform. Perform 3 sets of 12-15 times.
- Extension in the simulator. Bend your legs so that they are parallel to the floor. After return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 3×15.
- Bending in the simulator. In the process of execution, be attentive to breathing – its delay is not desirable. The body must be in tension, but breathing is even. The number of sets is 3, the number of repetitions is 15.
- Workout calves standing – an exercise that is performed on a special simulator. The number of repetitions – 15-20, approaches – 4. Rest time between them – 1 minute.